Posted (edited)

My brush (default brush) doesnt blend with itself, if I use the brush outside the radius of a previous stroke it acts as if there was a wall preventing it from layering over (figure 1).  If I stay within the border of the previous stroke, it keeps the "ink" from going past its edge/border (figure 2).  Is there a way to turn this off, its extremely irritating because I have to make a new layer for each stroke to bypass this.  Help!

image.png

Edited by deeeeemus

Welcome to the forum,

• What are you drawing with? (Make and model)
  • What version of Affinity Photo are you using?
  • Show the brush settings window in a screenshot

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Looks like you have selected the Colour Replacement Brush Tool not the Paint Brush Tool

Both are accessible from the same icon on the Tools panel, just click and hold on the icon to select which tool to use

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

You might want to make sure you have the "Use shift key to cycle tool groups" checked in Preferences>Tools. IF not, and you are using the keyboard shortcut (B) to select the paintbrush, each time you press B you get a different tool in that tool group, the next tool in that group is the Color (or Colour ;)) replacement Brush.

AP_useshiftkey.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.464; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

On 8/8/2019 at 2:42 AM, firstdefence said:

Welcome to the forum,

• What are you drawing with? (Make and model)
  • What version of Affinity Photo are you using?
  • Show the brush settings window in a screenshot

i love you ty 

38 minutes ago, deeeeemus said:

i love you ty 

and I love you too :x but I think @carl123 was the one with the correct answer. 

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019