You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Pages Export Choke

I recently finished a new book and had to export a pdf for upload to Kindle. During the writing process, I had exported several versions using SPREAD which worked just fine. Kindle requires PAGES but this always gave an error with no explanation. This book has 161 pages and after trying many workarounds I was eventually able to export pages 1-153 and pages 154-161 then join the two pdf files together. NOTE - the only error was the number of pages included in the export.

I tried to recreate this error using Lorem Ipsum but that seemed to export OK. I think the problem may have something to do with the complexability of the manuscript.

Has anyone experienced a pdf export problem with pages?

REQUEST: I would love to see some specific features for Kindle setup sizes and mobi/epub export.

Geoff Wells

@Pauls 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:19 AM, Pauls said:

@geoffw it would be interesting to have a look at that file to see what's causing the export issue. Can you upload it here  ?

I would be willing to upload it directly to Affinity but as it is the final manuscript for my latest book I'm reluctant to post it to an open forum. Is there a company Dropbox or similar secure method?

oops sorry, did not notice the link

Edited by GeoffW
Additional text

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.