You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What am I missing, I'm fairly new to Affinity, this morning I noticed when I loaded a RAW Canon image into Affinity the whole image is not displayed. I noticed it because an image I loaded has a figure in one corner. In affinity only part of this figure is displayed. Having noticed it with this I've tried several other images with the same result  Just as puzzling is that looking in Canon DPP4 the image size is said to be 6720 x 4480, but the reduced size in Affinity is said to be 6744 x 4502!!!!!! I have my camera set to store both a RAW and JPG image, if I load the JPG image into Affinity I get the full image and Affinity says its size 6720 x 4480

Is there something Ive missed? How do I get my full RAW image into Affinity.

• Staff

Hi ElBeardo,

As @John Rostron explained in the thread he linked to.  Different RAW engines do handle RAW files differently.  However, with Affinity, you should actually see a bit more to the image as we don't discard the edge data, which is why your RAW file opens at 6744 x 4502 and not 6720 x 4480.  So really you should see more of the image, not less.  Could you attach a RAW file or let me know what model Canon camera you have and i can then do a quick test :)  

20 hours ago, stokerg said:

However, with Affinity, you should actually see a bit more to the image as we don't discard the edge data ...

Maybe this has something to do with applying lens corrections, like I just mentioned in this other topic?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7