Sign in to follow this  
BnBGobo99

Affinity Designer - Going Away Plaque (Star Trek Themed)

Hello everybody!

One of my Airmen is leaving to a new duty station, and following tradition we are presenting him with an appreciation going-away gift.  His family are big Star Trek fans, so I thought giving him a Star Trek themed piano finish plaque a-la a "PADD" would be neat.

Everything is a vector.  For the hangar, I edited out everybody from the squadron photograph I did and combined it with some test shots without folks to get a full hangar without people.  I tossed that image into Inkscape to get a vector from the photograph after doing some edge detection, levels, and black-and-white adjustments in Affinity Photo.  I am seeking a blueprint of the hangar so I can make a nice clean one, this vector is a mess but it worked in a pinch.

The Star Trek bits are taken from an LCARS program called LCARS 47.  I had to convert them to vector, but that wasn't difficult at all since the shapes are easy.

The Starfleet Intelligence pin is by the DeviantArt user cbunye (pending permission from him for me to engrave it.)

Mockup done in Blender.

vectorfinal.jpg

vectorfinal_render.jpg