You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

automatically rasterizing text

My texts are automatically rasterizing when I save. It is showing 'Pixel' not 'Text files'. 

How can I Type and Save in Affinity Photo without rasterizing 

I'm using 'Artistic Text tool' and 'Frame Text tool'

Help Me

( I have attached that file) 

Thanks 

A4 English Sentence Learn Page PSD.psd

On 8/7/2019 at 2:37 PM, Callum said:

Hi Rashid,

Unfortunately at the moment we are only able to import PSD text its not currently possible to export to .PSD without the text being rasterised.

Thanks

C

just imagine, I'm editing in AffinityPhoto a Text included work. Then I'm sending it to My boss who is a Photoshop User. How can he edit that Text?

12 minutes ago, Rashid said:

just imagine, I'm editing in AffinityPhoto a Text included work. Then I'm sending it to My boss who is a Photoshop User. How can he edit that Text?

He can't, if you're trying to send him a PSD file. For best interchange you should both use the same application.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

He can't, if you're trying to send him a PSD file. For best interchange you should both use the same application.

Is there is any other file format that supports both, to re-edit text Please? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 8:23 AM, Rashid said:

Is there is any other file format that supports both, to re-edit text Please? 

Yes, either SVG or PDF will maintain editable text, at least when you export from Photo and import back into Photo. Probably they will for importing into Photoshop, too.

But this is not really a good option for you to use, as you may find other things that will not transfer across 100% the same.

You should both use the same application, and given that the Affinity applications are inexpensive, it would be better to have your boss buy a copy of the Affinity application you're using, in my opinion.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Can we use Affinity Photo in Linux OS.

I know We can't install it Directly. But, Do you know any other Ways Like Linux's 'wine' App that helps to install windows Software on Linux?

(Till now I have not used Wine App. Can we use Wine App to install Affinity Photo in Linux?)

Help me Please...

4 hours ago, Rashid said:

Can we use Affinity Photo in Linux OS.

If you search the forum for Linux or for the words

linux wine

and then choose the option linux AND wine near the top of the search results, you will find various forum topics that discuss that.

I think the answer is no, but I don't follow them closely.

-- Walt
PC: