You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Future development food for thought

Whilst I am really pleased with Affinity Publisher as a whole I still find the page setup frustrating as hell. I just wish we could setup more than a 2 page spread and be able to change individual page sizes and be able to manually shuffle pages when laying out brochures etc. Yes I know comments from some on the forum say, well just add extra page width and use guides. Yes you can but it’s not a procedure which you should need to adopt in 2019. I just hope this is something Affinity will look at again soon.

with regard to AP, again I am using this a lot but not yet exclusively. Why because at the moment AP can’t produce true duotone or tritones. Colour matching ability still not there yet. Also compositing, its a pain not being able to apply multi directional mask without having to use a separate mask for each direction....Ahh!! I love AP and my Adobe CS6 is very clunky and slow to respond theses days but I’m really hoping the AP will adopt these functions soon. 

AD is great but I must admit the main time I will use AD is for logo design.

Now that a lot of the re-coding has been achieved, I’m hopeful that further improvements in the software won’t be so long in coming since Affinity should now have more time to focus on improving the usability of the suite.

I have been one of your most, i hope constructive critics but hats off guys and gals, doing a grand job.

19 hours ago, Raymondo said:

I just wish we could setup more than a 2 page spread and be able to change individual page sizes and be able to manually shuffle pages when laying out brochures etc.

These are expected to be added eventually but it may be some time.

Yes I know comments from some on the forum say, well just add extra page width and use guides. Yes you can but it’s not a procedure which you should need to adopt in 2019.

These were presented as workarounds until the desired functionality is implemented.

Note that this functionality is missing from *MOST* page layout software - even QuarkXPress for its high price tag can't do all of what you are asking for here, as came up on a previous discussion on this same topic on another thread some time back.

at the moment AP can’t produce true duotone or tritones. Colour matching ability still not there yet.

The Affinity applications have a number of issues related to color handling.  In my opinion Publisher still should not have been released because of some of those problems.