You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Closing right after opening on Windows 10 Home

Just bought it, installed and when attempted to open it, the app closes right after opening without accusing any error. The Affinity Designer opens normally, this one doesn't. I've already restarted my laptop to make sure the same application was not opening and even uninstalled and installed again and the same issue continues.

Ideas?

Ok, this is really annoying. When I bought the Affinity Photo App it came with this additional free package "inksy-street-art". If I double click on it to install the additional brushes, the app opens and doesn't close. If I try to open it using the app icon itself, it doesn't.

Edited by BasLN

• Staff

Hi BasLN,

Welcome to the forums :)

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Affinity Photo. Please could you try opening the app with the CTRL key held down and when the reset menu appears click Select All then Clear to see if this solves your issue?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

6 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi BasLN,

Welcome to the forums :)

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Affinity Photo. Please could you try opening the app with the CTRL key held down and when the reset menu appears click Select All then Clear to see if this solves your issue?

Thanks

C

Hello Callum. It didn't work. I held ctrl, opened the window you mentioned, selected all items and cleared them (see attached). It keeps closing right after you click-open. Moreover, if you attempt to do the same think back again, the first three options are checked back.

Annotation 2019-08-06 132103.png