Richard Liu

Problems "uncropping" a saved cropped .afphoto and restoring a snapshot

Here's a link to a .zip file on Google Drive:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bOasvxCDbrza4_hNk6XffJb7-RJXqhXd/view?usp=sharing

It contains four files named as follows:  _DSCnnnn_AFP32.afphoto and _DSCnnn_AFP32_cropped.afphoto, where nnnn = 2082 or 2093.  Before cropping _DSCnnnn_AFP32.afphoto, I made a snapshot and saved the file.  Then I cropped (fixed ratio 1:1 from upper left corner) and saved it as _DSCnnn_AFP32_cropped.afphoto.  When I open the cropped file and immediately restore the snapshot, the image is much, much darker.  So I undo the restore and attempt to restore the uncrossed image with Document | Unclip canvas.  For nnnn = 2082 this results in the original image displayed with what seems to be a border, 168 px wide.  For nnnn = 2093, the border is only 1 px wide.  The original image is 5600 px x 3728 px.  I have no idea why the two crops unclip canvas so differently.

I am using Affinity Photo 1.7.1 on a 2018 MacBook Pro 15" running macOS 10.13.6 with all the latest Apple updates.

Hi @Richard Liu,

I've logged both issues with our developers. 

The image getting darker can be fixed by assigning the ICC profile back to it. What happens is that when you restore the snapshot, the ICC profile is not restored, so technically you have an unprofiled document. 

Thanks,

Gabe.