You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting to SVG forgets bounding box reset

I, along with @v_kyr, have been trying to assist @GreenGirl in this thread on Drawing Automation based on formulae and range of input values? 

One problem we have run into is that the svg exported from the template designer file includes a transform that includes a rotation matrix, which affects all subsequent  objects that we create in the svg file, when imported into Designer.

Apparently, you can reset the bounding box of your basic tic by simply pressing the '.' (period or full stop) key! One of Designer's more useful, but well-hidden features.

1.  I created an oblique line, and exported to Oblique line.svg
  2.  I then rotated it to the vertical. It maintained its bounding box and exported to Oblique line rotated.svg. This svg file included a transform and rotation matrix.
  3.  Pressing the '.' key reset the bounding box and exported to Oblique line rotated.reset.svg.

However the exported svg from this at stage 3 ignored the reset and was the same as that produced by stage 2.

An older workaround (if your object is a closed path) is to create a box around it with the rectangle tool, and use the intersect tool on the pair. This doesn't work either. It still reverts back to stage 2 above.

I would expect that the output from stage 3 would not have any transform and rotation matrix.

John

Oblique line.svg

Oblique line rotated.svg

Oblique line rotated reset.svg

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630