You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with adjustments selecting all artboards in AD

Hi all!

I am having a strange issue in AD where I am editing product photos using multiple artboards. One artboard for each photo. I am able to successfully make an adjustment to a pixel layer (the main photo) using the selection brush tool. (The rolled black mat on the right hand side is what I selected and adjusted successfully) 

However when I go back and click on the adjustment itself (also reflected in the adjustment's thumbnail with the long horizontal black box) it selects a bounding box that covers all of the artboards. The adjustment does only apply to the area that I had selected with the selection brush (unless I drag the long, horizontal bounding box off of the top or bottom of the artboard that I applied it to, thus putting it above all of the artboards in the layer panel and applying it to all of them), however I don't understand the program's action. 

I am selecting the actual pixel layer that I want to modify after using the selection brush so I'm quite certain that is not my issue.

I would really appreciate any advice or light that can be shed.

Thanks!

-Hunter

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.07.23 PM.png

I'm thinking it is some kind of glitch with the artboards maybe? Unless I am completely overlooking something, I have used this workflow before without issue.

I tried duplicating a layer, moving it up, selection brush, and adjustment again and it did it again but included all of the artboards for both rows.

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.21.09 PM.png