You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Want : Save EPS10 file type for Microstock contributor

Dear Developer...

I'm the one who tired with Adobe subscription and going to buy Affinity Designer

So I get 10 days trial of this...

and now

I am having issues with affinity designer eps exports since I'm a microstock contributor (Sell Vector)

microstock illustrators is normal export to EPS format, especially EPS10, that all microstocks approve
but 
Affinity Designer have only postscript level 2-3 (I think level 3 = EPS8) maybe I will try to use this option but

When exporting to level 3 EPS-8, you will most certainly get bitmapping if you use these effects and techniques:

1. Transparency 2. Opacity Masks 3. Radial Gradient 4. Linear Gradient, sometimes, not always, depends on opacity masks used, or if output Transparency setting is not 100% Vectors on the Raster/Vector Balance (in the EPS Options window, see below) 5. Drop Shadow 6. Gaussian or Radial Blur

Please think about this. Microstock users are a huge piece of world market of illustrators.

ps. sorry for poor english

ps2. I still going to buy this but, I really hope it will have EPS10 in the future

Your sincerely..

Ahctiqus

EPS10 isn't referring to a version of EPS, but to the version of Illustrator used to create it. Illustrator 10 actually used Postscript 2, but it also appends its own data to the EPS, so it can be edited and printed from Illustrator. We can't append that data because the format is propriety and closed. So we will never be able to produce EPS10 files. I'm sorry.

We may be able to do better at handling transparency and other effects without rasterising them in future.