You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP/Win] Bug: Photo 1.7.1.404 crashes on low disk space destroying image

CLC

When I was saving a large .TIFF file to a NAS device, Photo suddently crashed.

I didn't get why. It crashed when I tried to load the same file back.

Only after loading the same file to Photoshop, it warned me "Failed opening file, not a proper .TIFF file".

So, Photo didn't save the whole file, just part of it and when the disk was full, it crashed without any warning.

Edit: NAS is HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 running RAID 10 (4 x 1 TB drives)

• Staff

Hi @CLC,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Can you constantly replicate a crash when the disk is full? Or was it just a coincidence? 

I tried it here on a network drive and it was all fine. No crash, nice error message saying the destination drive is full :)

Thanks,Gabe. 

Hi Gabe,
yes, it's still happening when I fill the NAS.

As I mentioned above, there was no error message, no nothing, just the app disappeared without any clue of what's going on. That the NAS doesn't have enough capacity to store the image I have found later, when I was exploring the resulting .tiff file that had good headers, partial image data, but ended unexpectedly.

Edit: I'm filling the NAS with random data in attempt to record a screencast of the issue, it might take time since I backed up and then wiped plenty of data in last few days. Please, stay tuned.