You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing Fonts appears successful but only select ones appear in Text Studio

When attempting to import Agfa Rotis and use it, only the semisans in the family is usable.  The import appears to work, but I can’t actually select it in Text Studio.

If i then load the font locally using Anyfonts, I can use it in other programs. 

I’m new to fonts.  Please help.

E28A284B-EEDE-424E-B753-786C9B163EA6.jpeg

288216F9-246B-4FBB-803F-2B4D735638F9.jpeg

Edited by jayce_7
Fix an autocorrect

• Staff

Hi jayce_7 :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Could you please provide a copy of the font files you're installing here please? What iOS version are you using please?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 8/5/2019 at 6:34 AM, jayce_7 said:

When attempting to import Agfa Rotis and use it, only the semisans in the family is usable.  The import appears to work, but I can’t actually select it in Text Studio.

If i then load the font locally using Anyfonts, I can use it in other programs. 

Having installed all fifteen fonts via AnyFont, I can confirm the problem here. As shown in your second screenshot, only the semisans is listed but it’s in three ‘families’ instead of just one: Semisans (Bold, Italic), Semisans ExBd (Regular) and Semisans Light (Regular, It [sic]).

Where did you obtain these fonts? The sans-serif bold font is listed in AnyFont as ‘Agaf [sic] Rotis Sans Serif Bold’; I wouldn’t expect a naming error such as this in a commercial font bearing the well-known Agfa name, and there are obviously naming errors within the font files themselves that result in the Semisans family being split into three (not to mention the curious ‘Semisans Light It’ noted above).

Affinity Designer crashed while I was investigating this issue.

6260AF5E-20C1-41A9-B171-6135C0D444F6.jpeg

Designer iPad-2019-08-06-092449.ips.beta

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Had the fonts for years on the Mac. Can’t recall their source. I was attempting to port the fonts from Mac to iPad. Any font seemed to be able to display it but I imagine it’s more complicated. Anyhow, if there is an issue with the font, any suggestion on best place to procure for personal use?  Thanks for working on my issue!

• Staff

Thanks for your detailed input Alfred, I too have replicated issues loading these fonts & crashing in-app whilst doing so. I'm going to log this to be investigated further in regards to Affinitys handling of the font files, however as Alfred has mentioned there does appear to be some rather strange naming errors causing splitting of the fonts - this is replicable on both Desktop and iPad so it appears to be more font related- rather than platform.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!