You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey, guys,

I cannot see any topic or solution to my question:
Is it possible to set the text cursor as the center of the zoom while being in an active text frame?
(I'm not sure how else to describe it ...)

For example, coming from »Zoom to Fit«, with Ctrl++ I want to zoom to the cursor position in the text of a caption.
I know that you can zoom to the text frame with Alt+Ctrl+0 (Zoom to Selection), but not to the actual position in
the text. Instead, Ctrl++ zooms to the center of the text frame.

Or am I missing something?
Having to start typing to zoom in feels a bit prone to typos and imprecise. :35_thinking:

Cheers and thanks
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

• 5 weeks later...

In addition, while having object(s) selected, zoom-in shortcuts like Ctrl +1, Ctrl+2 etc should ideally center the selection midpoint (or text cursor, if active) in the view, similarly as in InDesign (and to some extent QXP). This is an important usability feature and should be easy to implement; if there is any reason for not making it the standard behavior, it could be added as an option in the Preferences.