Sign in to follow this  
Lieven

hyperlinks in pdf

When exporting a pub-file to pdf, some (not all) of the hyperlinks are missing in the pdf. In the pub-file the pdf-missing hyperlinks exists and works (checked via the hyperlink panel).

I'm working with the latest version of Publisher (not the custumer beta)

Is it consistent which ones doesn't work? Or are different ones missing on each export? Is there any pattern to the missing ones? (Are they all URLs, Anchors, etc.?)

Okay. I had a similar problem, but it crashed my Publisher on export to PDF.

Here's what I did.  You can try this and see if it helps (or just try this on one hyperlink and see if it changes it).

1) Go to the anchor (not the hyperlink, but it's destination),

2) Delete the anchor

3) Recreate it a few characters away (before or after doesn't matter, or just a single character in the word), then re-export again. As long as you use the exact the same anchor name, the existing hyperlinks will continue to work.

It will also be worth trying the current beta as it has a fix in for some hyperlinks failing to export to pdf if they intersect the page bounds. If in the beta you can still reproduce them not exporting upload the file and I'll take a look.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Also in the beta (second one, some of the links are not copied into the pdf.

The afpub is uploaded (without the graphic linked files).

f.i. On page 112 the link in the description of the first graphic item is not working in the pdf (hyperlink: Maria Theresia jumps to page 45 where the anchor is positioned.

There are several hyperlinks to the same anchor, none of these works in the pdf.

Stamboom in beeld v2.afpub

PS I've tried to delete one anchor (Maria Theresia de Decker), redefine it, relink it to the hyperlinks (had tot do this because the links had a red cross in the hyperlink panel) but after export the to pdf the hyperlinks disappeared.

Hi Lieven,

I can reproduce the issue here but can't see any obvious reason yet as to why it is failing.

I've logged it for the developers to look into.

Thanks for reporting it.

@Lieven the developers have found the cause and it's been fixed internally.

The only way to "fix" it until we get this fix into a patch is to re-create the text frame that the anchor is on that you are hyperlinking to.

Just installed version 1.7.2, still not all hyperlinks ( to anchors) will be exported to a pdf-file.

Do i have to remake the not working anchors and hyperlinks in the apub file? or is a fix still coming?

Hi @Lieven,

A fix is coming but it's hard for me to say when, it wasn't in 1.7.2.

I suggest re-creating the frames where the target anchor is, the hyperlink should then function. 

Let me know if you have any issues

Oke, thx.

I'll wait, have stil 250 pages to shift to Publisher :). So by then, the fix is probably outrolled.