You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hyperlinks in pdf

When exporting a pub-file to pdf, some (not all) of the hyperlinks are missing in the pdf. In the pub-file the pdf-missing hyperlinks exists and works (checked via the hyperlink panel).

I'm working with the latest version of Publisher (not the custumer beta)

Okay. I had a similar problem, but it crashed my Publisher on export to PDF.

Here's what I did.  You can try this and see if it helps (or just try this on one hyperlink and see if it changes it).

1) Go to the anchor (not the hyperlink, but it's destination),

2) Delete the anchor

3) Recreate it a few characters away (before or after doesn't matter, or just a single character in the word), then re-export again. As long as you use the exact the same anchor name, the existing hyperlinks will continue to work.

• Staff

It will also be worth trying the current beta as it has a fix in for some hyperlinks failing to export to pdf if they intersect the page bounds. If in the beta you can still reproduce them not exporting upload the file and I'll take a look.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Also in the beta (second one, some of the links are not copied into the pdf.

The afpub is uploaded (without the graphic linked files).

f.i. On page 112 the link in the description of the first graphic item is not working in the pdf (hyperlink: Maria Theresia jumps to page 45 where the anchor is positioned.

There are several hyperlinks to the same anchor, none of these works in the pdf.

Stamboom in beeld v2.afpub

PS I've tried to delete one anchor (Maria Theresia de Decker), redefine it, relink it to the hyperlinks (had tot do this because the links had a red cross in the hyperlink panel) but after export the to pdf the hyperlinks disappeared.

• Staff

@Lieven the developers have found the cause and it's been fixed internally.

The only way to "fix" it until we get this fix into a patch is to re-create the text frame that the anchor is on that you are hyperlinking to.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Jon P said:

Hi @Lieven,

A fix is coming but it's hard for me to say when, it wasn't in 1.7.2.

I suggest re-creating the frames where the target anchor is, the hyperlink should then function. 

Let me know if you have any issues

I am using version 1.8.4 and today with bitterness discovered that the bug has not been fixed, although it has been more than 1.5 years.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/94688-hyperlinks-in-pdf/&tab=comments#comment-504265

In this thread I have already raised the issue that links are not exported to PDF. I was asked for the version of the file that I am using and that's it.

After so much time, I need this function in the program, but it does not work again. Created a link to the site. I export to pdf and after opening the mouse shows that there is a link, but nothing happens when clicked, because no link inside. And so with all the links to the site.

I am very upset that at such crucial moments the already agreed mistake was left without attention.

Без_названия.pdf

Без названия.afpub

• Staff

The issue logged from this original post has been fixed, but it may have been there were a couple of different issues here that were assumed to be the same cause.

@kedmans Can you try the latest beta here and let me know if that helps. I've exported your file from that beta and the links seem functional.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:14 PM, Jon P said:

The issue logged from this original post has been fixed, but it may have been there were a couple of different issues here that were assumed to be the same cause.

@kedmans Can you try the latest beta here and let me know if that helps. I've exported your file from that beta and the links seem functional.

Haven't tried the beta, but found a workaround.

I used links with Cyrillic in the domain and in the link itself (UTF-8). But when I coded the domain in Punycode and made a short link without Cyrillic, the links started working. From here I will make an assumption that you need to make a link encoder when exporting if Cyrillic is used.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue. I've created a glossary with an index to each topic. I created anchors for the body copy, and an index in the opening pages for each of the  topics with a hyperlink for each. The user just needs to click on the index and they're taken to the body copy linked to that topic. But only about half the hyperlinks work. I've tried deleting anchors, moving them, recreating the hyperlinks and anchors, and still the same result. I have 400 topics, all linked to paragraphs over 50 pages. Is there some kind of fix for this? I've attached a PDF of the first few pages instead of the whole document, and if you click through the 'A's, you'll see what I mean. The hyperlink doesn't go to the proper anchor in about 1/2 the cases, and I can't figure out the inconsistency. Any advice is greatly appreciated.  20-11-03 glossary D3_4 page test.afpub

20-11-03 glossary D3_4 page testD1.pdf