You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

32-bit Preview grayed out, no HDR

Hello,

I am new to Affinity and to this forum.

I downloaded the program because a colleague told me it supported HDR displays.  I'm running Windows 10 with one HDR display, but I am unable to make use of it with the program.  The 32-bit Preview pane where "Enable HDR" is located is grayed out.  Windows confirms that my target monitor is in HDR mode. What else do I need to do for this to work?

Any help is appreciated.

• Staff

Hi Don, you'll also need to be working with a 32-bit float document—typically these would originate from 3D renders (OpenEXR, Radiance HDR), merging bracketed exposures or simply creating a 32-bit document from one raw image.

These tutorial videos should hopefully prove helpful:

Since you're on Windows, the working terminology will be slightly different (EDR on Mac versus HDR on Windows), but all the functionality remains the same.

Hopefully that will work for you—if not, please let us know! HDR on Windows is still a bit hit and miss but I've used Affinity Photo's HDR capability on several setups, and as long as you ensure Windows is compositing in HDR and you're editing a 32-bit document it should all work.

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials