You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Serif website design failure

Hi all,

I like to use Serif software for years now, however, I can't believe what I see on their new website.

There is a screen-filling image, below kind of "Learn more" button and then links to their legacy software which is much clearer than the Learn more button. Then finally I click on the "Learn More" button and then have to click again on the "Menu".

I don't know who designed this website layout, however, if it is Serif intend to promote their legacy software above the new Affinity range, they succeeded with a glance. First I was thinking of a mistake but it is now for more than one day. This is the standard example of doing things in a hurry.

Please Serif, for your own good, change this and make sure your Affinity website is easily accessible.

I'm not sure there's a problem here. I think people using or reading about AP, AD and APub will search "Affinity D|P|Apub" and found the site https://affinity.serif.com

The other ones, who known first of Serif and the older apps will go to the “old” site https://www.serif.com and will learn this way about the new apps, clicking on "learn more" and ending on the new site. If they know about the new apps, they won't go to the old site by error but to have access to the infos displayed at the bottom of the page. If not, they'll click on "learn more" .

Hi Wosven,

Thank you very much for your explanation and the link to the Affinity website. Please, accept my apology for this very late reply but I could not find my own posting so I thought a moderator removed it because it was not really involved with the Affinity products. I found it by accident when I checked my profile.

Your link does the trick and leads me directly to where I want to go.

Thank you again, your help is much appreciated.

Chris