You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature request for the VIGNETTE Live Filter:  

1)  adding a button to allow the user to locate/place/relocate the "centre of the vignette" would enhance workflow.

2) adding a slider to allow user to adjust the inner brightness of the vignette would enhance workflow.

Thanks You!

• 8 months later...

I don’t know why this is neglected on certain filters. You can set the centre of a radial blur just by clicking a point on screen.

I found this thread while looking to see if this filter functionality had been requested for the circular halftone, which also lacks centre-setting abilities. I do hope all radial/circular filter types get this implemented.

3 hours ago, spez said:

I don’t know why this is neglected on certain filters. You can set the centre of a radial blur just by clicking a point on screen.

I found this thread while looking to see if this filter functionality had been requested for the circular halftone, which also lacks centre-setting abilities. I do hope all radial/circular filter types get this implemented.

Hello @spez,

you might look into these macros by David Straker:

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/photography/affinity_photo/resources/daves_vignettes.htm

They create very flexible vignettes in APh.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thanks @dominik for the suggestion, but I was just observing that vignettes aren’t the only filter to need a centre setting option; I was actually building a circular halftone filter into a macro and was wishing I could move the centre. Tempted to utilise certain methods from your referral but it’s already quite a lengthy macro 😬 ...apologies if this is too off-topic, I shall say no more!

Resizing the canvas and moving the image effectively moves the centre of the halftone filter.

You can then merge the filter and clip canvas.

There may be other ways but no time to test right now, maybe later 

halftone.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

@carl123 cheers, yeah that’s the workaround I opt for too when needed. For vignettes, you can add a fill layer filled with a radial gradient and set to an appropriate blend mode, but it’s still extra work - especially considering that DOF and Radial blur, as well as Twirl and Sphere distortions (I may be missing others) all have the ability to move their centres without resorting to canvas resizing/image positioning trickery. It would be quicker and neater if vignette and circular halftone filters included this option; it was an expectation that - I was surprised to discover - isn’t met.