You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Better start any project in Publisher?

Hello.

If someone have the whole kit (photo, designer and publisher) it is better to start from publisher when doing different kind of work like logo, illustrations, flyers, magazines, since you can benefit of studio link? Or why whould I need to start from designer or from photo instead of from Publisher and benefit of studio link? Thank you

StudioLink gives you access only to the Designer Persona of Designer and the Photo Persona of Photo. And, for Photo only a large subset of the Photo Persona's capabiities. No macros, or batch jobs, or image stacks, for example.

If you need any of the other Personas (or functions) that aren't included via StudioLink you will either need to start in the real Photo or Designer applications, or at some point use Edit in .... to switch to the full version of the other application.

However, if you can do all or most of your work using the capabilites of StudioLink, I don't see a reason to start in one of the other full applications.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You should start with an application that has the most frequently used tools. If you are going to do a multipage document you would start with Publisher. If you are doing graphics or logos start with Designer, and then if it is photos use Photo. 

Macbook Pro 13 (Mid 2010) - Web Designer

19 hours ago, Luissta said:

logo, illustrations, flyers, magazines,

Usually, you'll want to keep logos, photos and illustrations apart as individual files to reuse later. (For example, we have got a folder for logos with subfolders from A to Z on a server and we update logos there, to be able later to import and link logos in our documents).

Illustrations and photos you'll use more than once can be store in folders by theme too.

For those, I would use APhoto and ADesigner.

For flyers and documents, and for quick edit of photos, or easy illustrations or charts, it can be done directly in APub, but APub don't have the Export persona, that I find usefull and use a lot with the other apps.