You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to View All Pages as a Single Vertical Stream?

5 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

I can’t find the name for that view, but it is the mode when Separated Mode is unchecked.

That (without Separated), whatever it's called, is the only mode we have on Windows.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a reason to exclude separate left/right studio visibility controls from Windows, but there are other Studio differences, I think. For example, on Windows we can have two-columns of studio panels docked on the right, and two-columns of studio panels docked on the left, and I don't think Mac supports that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You can untick the facing pages in the Document Setup set up and the pages will be single, this can be re ticked when you want to work across facing pages for text flow etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have tried to do this and it works after a fashion although there is a wait until all the pages are converted to single view. The only trouble is that it makes all my master pages into single pages and i can't find any easy way of converting them back.

John

26 minutes ago, jrkay said:

You can untick the facing pages in the Document Setup set up and the pages will be single

I would avoid this since it can move all your frames and decorations to unexpected positions and it would be painfull to have to correct a whole document in the finishing stage! (it sounds more like a last minute drama we can have at some point doing this type of work).

You can untick the facing pages in the Document Setup set up and the pages will be single, this can be re ticked when you want to work across facing pages for text flow etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes I later found that it completely messed up an 88 page document I was puitting together, I'll try not to be so ambitious in the future.

John

Thanks everyone for your help.

For my final checks, I had to export "all pages" as PDF, then check through the zoomed-in PDF while making corrections in Affinity Publisher, then re-export and re-check and make more corrections... then re-export and...

I also wanted a flowing ePub3 version for uploading to Amazon Kindle. Sorry to say that working with Serif PagePlus X9 was far easier than with (this first version of) Serif Affinity Publisher.