You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live Paint Bucket equivalent

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Really excited to use affinity but like others disappointed the live paint feature hasnt been prioritised particularly when affinity positions itself as a replacement to illustrator…and given that illustrator will be released later in the year, I may be tempted to move back for this feature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Live paint bucket is one of the features that would be really neat to have, and it's kind of a shame that it's so silent from the devs. But there's probably a lot going on under the surface of the app that makes it more complicated than it seems, and we should all be grateful for these amazing Affinity apps that are already, not only giving Adobe the competition they've needed for too long, but also murdering the standards of what's possible on a tablet. I feel like my iPad leveled up 10 times when i installed Affinity Designer and Photo.

So please think of this before being too harsh. That said I'm also eager to see the live paint bucket update one day, rather sooner than later!

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 8:40 PM, M2ginn said:

Really excited to use affinity but like others disappointed the live paint feature hasnt been prioritised particularly when affinity positions itself as a replacement to illustrator…and given that illustrator will be released later in the year, I may be tempted to move back for this feature.

Some users think it's an AI killer, Affinity have never said that. It has a small subset of AI's features and that may always be the case. If it meets your requirements then great but ignore the people who get carried away pretending it can replace AI for everyone. You just have to look at the requests to see where it's lacking. Of course it does kill AI on price and being locked out of your work if you don't want to keep paying their tax, which is why their subscription model is horrible.

If you're thinking of AI for iPad you must have AI for the desktop too as it's part of the subscription, you can't get the iPad version separately. So use that unless the iPad is your only device. AI on the iPad is pretty basic at the moment and it's unlikely to ever be feature comparable to the desktop version and unless Apple change their direction in some areas it's impossible to be.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

• 6 months later...

please add a live paint bucket like tool!

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 1 month later...

This is getting ridiculous with Affinity Designer, way behind other Affinity products. As someone in the architectural profession, not only do I need to bring in all types of AI files (not only pdf embedded), but also CAD, having already needing to workaround to convert to SVG, and now the most useful tool other than the pen tool isn't accessible is infuriating.

I've had to do hundreds of illustrations and diagrams and the 'live paint tool' is absolutely essential.

Really want to switch to Affinity but this is a killer!!! Please get it sorted!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Live Paint in Designer would be a dream. It's the only reason I still have Illustrator installed, and I desperately want to uninstall it along the rest of the many tiny adobe bloatware programs. I'm also in Architecture, which baseline requires starting with precise line work from other CAD programs. Starting a drawing in Designer without lines from CAD or rasterizing the image is simply not realistic, and frankly they're absurd suggestions as I've read suggested elsewhere on this forum. While there are other Illustrator features that I think are great, they are nice-to-have. Something like Live Paint is an absolute necessity for our workflows. CAD programs aren't the right place to do the Live Paint-like operations either as they'll need more general vector image editing features. I appreciate Affinity's software suite holistically, but I still can't recommend it in good faith to others within Architecture. It's already incredibly time consuming and without this feature becomes orders of magnitude more time consuming.

Edited by ixv

• 3 weeks later...

Would be great live paint. And can be better of the Ai.

imagine.  you drawing line art com effect on the stroke, I mean size pressure of strokes, I can't do live paint with effect strokes right? Then you simple fill spaces with colors… like procreate do with layer reference.

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, gotanidea said:

+1 for Illustrator's Live Paint feature. I bet only Adobe know how to make the algorithm? Hence no other vector illustration software has the feature

I think that the algorithm is from old Macromedia Flash... Adobe only adapted and make a better solution, more integrated with the illustrator.  

• 3 weeks later...