You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v442 - Crash opening doc from previous version

9 hours ago, Jon P said:

If you'd like to keep it private please upload it here

Thanks

I've uploaded the file. However, it only crashed the one time after updating the beta. Since then it opens fine and I haven't had issues opening others so far, although I haven't had time to test a lot of previously created files. 

I also had to go into the file and embed the images and re-save in the new beta, so not 100% the same file. Don't know if the crash report showed anything strange but thought I should report it. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

5 hours ago, Jon P said:

Well thanks for ensuring it got reported, how come you had to go into the file and embed the images and re-save?

I did that for sending the file to you so that you'd have the images that are normally linked (as per a common instruction prior to uploading a problem file). Have been doing some more work this weekend with the new beta and have not had a reoccurrence of the crash when opening other files, so maybe a one-off for whatever reason.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.