You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Having worked on a file all day yesterday and today I now get a "file corrupt" message when trying to reopen to complete.

It's a job that needs to be completed for printing 8am and I now have to got back to my previous backup earlier today and re-do the last couple of hours work.

I have been having doubts about just how good Publisher is - and have had several crashes in the last few days.

This last problem means that after finishing this particular job I'll be goin gback to PagePlus as I have no confidence that the software is actually reliable enough for production work.
Unfortunately there's no practical way of recreating the job in PagePlus in the time I have available - obviously my concern is that I'll get another corrupt file at some point.
So multiple backups and hope that I can keep re-creating what I have done without it breaking again.

So I now have to backup the file, close Publisher, re-open Publisher and then re-open saved file every ten minutes or so.

Windows 10 Home - 8Gb / Windows 10  Pro - 96Gb

Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481

Right - problem may be that I am using some PNG files exported from Photo that I can't open anymore.
Although they were created OK and imported into Publisher they are broken in some way so they come up as corrupt in any graphics viewer.

Windows 10 Home - 8Gb / Windows 10  Pro - 96Gb

Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481