You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting text to PSD as text layer

As i can see right now i cant get PSD's with editable text layers from Affinity Designer. And i'm often asked for PSDs of stuff i'm designing. So i'd like to have like dropdown menu (like those that already are in PSD export dialogue) asking me if i want to export text as editable text layers or if i want it to be smart object or anything else. 

Follow me on Dribbble

https://dribbble.com/g-avoyan

I’ve asked this question before. Seems like we have to wait for a while. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/9208-psd-export-with-text-layers/

Oh, i've searched the forum for such a topic but couldn't find one. I'm okay to wait, of course. 

Then something like export with specs would help, until the proper PSD export will be realized... Like if you get an additional layer while exporting, where all the font characteristics are written close to the text block they relate to. 

I've attached a sketch what it could look like... 

post-12202-0-79813600-1434452108_thumb.png

Follow me on Dribbble

https://dribbble.com/g-avoyan

Oh, i've searched the forum for such a topic but couldn't find one. I'm okay to wait, of course. 

Then something like export with specs would help, until the proper PSD export will be realized... Like if you get an additional layer while exporting, where all the font characteristics are written close to the text block they relate to. 

I've attached a sketch what it could look like... 

Really like your idea of PSD export avo! I would ditch Photoshop completely, if I wasn’t doing some PSD web mockup now and again.

• 3 years later...

Any news on this feature guys? 

It has created a mess with a client to whom I have designed and entire website but after exporting the PSD file, text is rasterized. I looked for solutions and found out AD doesn`t support exporting editable text. I hate, truly hate using PSD to design websites. AD is sooooooo much better but without this feature, it is impossible for me to use it as my main software. 

Please, help us get rid of Adobe`s memberships!! 

13 hours ago, TechSoft said:

but after exporting the PSD file, text is rasterized.

Ben, member of the Development Team said the following:

Get Adobe to publish the inner workings of their text engine, and I'll have it working tomorrow.  Unfortunately it's private proprietary data - so you are going to have to be patient while we do something just short of decoding the human genome.

We still can't import text 100% perfectly from a PSD, and export is going to be even harder.

So, trust me: The Affinity Team would love to import/export text perfectly, but it's really a titanic task.

Best regards!