crow

Display More than One Decimal Number in the Transform Panel

Hello.

I’ve noticed that when I create a rectangle (10 x 5 px for example) and want to resize it using the Transform panel (let’s say 10.25 x 5 px), Designer resizes the rectangle properly, but the Transform panel shows me that the width is 10.3 px. It’s okay, if I don’t really need to know the precise numbers, but often I do need to know them. I’d copy 10.25, put it in calculator, and divide it by 2 for example, when I design logos/icons/type.

So, maybe introduce a feature that enables you to display a desired number of decimal numbers in the Transform panel? Would be awesome!

Cheers.

Hi crow,

This was already requested/discussed in other threads and will eventually be added as soon as we can. It's just a case of rounding the numbers for display. Affinity precision isn't affected by this.

Note that you can also perform math operations in the input fields. So for example to reduce a 5cm rectangle in half just enter /2 in the width input field (Transform panel) after the value that's there.

Hi crow,

This was already requested/discussed in other threads and will eventually be added as soon as we can. It's just a case of rounding the numbers for display. Affinity precision isn't affected by this.

Note that you can also perform math operations in the input fields. So for example to reduce a 5cm rectangle in half just enter /2 in the width input field (Transform panel) after the value that's there.

Thanks for the reply MEB. I knew about the ability to perform math operations in the input fields, but somehow have forgotten about them in my workflow. I don’t need to use calculator anymore! Felling in love with AD more and more. :-)