You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Repeatedly Crashing and Freezing

emma01

Hi,
I'm using AD 1.7.1 on a 2018 iPad iOS 12.1.1. It keeps crashing and freezing on me. Yesterday when using the apple pencil it kept crashing and closing on about every 3/4th tap/click I made. At the time I was using the flood fill tool on a raster layer. It was also freezing when I was trying to zoom in or out of the canvas. I left my iPad off all night. This morning I managed to get the fill part done but then it kept closing when I was adjusting the size and moving an object. I posted in the support forum before I'd found this section and someone said to save my work then uninstall it. I tried exporting but it was taking ages and didn't seem to work. I read some of the comments on here and so tried a new document and started from scratch. All seemed ok until I came out of the document, clicked to go back into it then it just shuts down on me again, so I can't even get into a document now!
Please can you give me some ides what to do to resolve this. Please let me know if you require any further info.
Many thanks
Emma

Haha, spoke too soon! It seems to be when I’m using my own imported images. I’ve got some line drawings. I’ve used the magic eraser app to get rid of the white backgrounds. In AD I click on place image, drag the image into place. Then I’ve been rasterising it. Change to pixel layer. Then when I flood fill the areas with colour it crashes. Is it something to do with my images, am I importing them correctly etc?

Thanks for any help, Emma

• Staff
On 8/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, emma01 said:

Haha, spoke too soon! It seems to be when I’m using my own imported images. I’ve got some line drawings. I’ve used the magic eraser app to get rid of the white backgrounds. In AD I click on place image, drag the image into place. Then I’ve been rasterising it. Change to pixel layer. Then when I flood fill the areas with colour it crashes. Is it something to do with my images, am I importing them correctly etc?

Thanks for any help, Emma

Can you please attach one of those files along with a screen recording of your whole workflow so I can try and replicate it here? There is no "wrong" way of importing images, so it should not crash :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this app shortly after Purchasing my iPad Pro 10.5 (upon release in 2017), a newer device than shown in the tutorials. It has never done anything but freeze and crash. I can’t even crop an image without it hanging to the point where it’s completely unusable. The speed demonstrated in the tutorials is no less than 30 times faster what I have experienced since day 1. I’ve done clean installs of iOS, of the app, forget it. I posted on this forum a while ago, no response to my knowledge. Most angry I have ever been with using tech is attempting any simple edit with this app...for nearly 2 years. Any support? Nah just a forum. Poor.

On 8/17/2019 at 7:36 AM, ckaragiannis said:

Most angry I have ever been with using tech is attempting any simple edit with this app...for nearly 2 years. Any support? Nah just a forum. Poor.

You posted once about an issue. Mods responded quickly and asked for more information to assist resolve your issue. You have never bothered to replyto that original post and now this is your follow up post!  Really.... :o

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/