You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request — Stroke Width Anchors on Curves

Coming from Illustrator, something I used somewhat infrequently but often enough was the Variable Stroke Width tool. This tool allowed you to change the width of the stroke along a curve (we have this) with adjustable Anchors along the curve (we don’t have this). Very useful if you wanted to precisely align a specific stroke width to a specific area of the shape like a pre-measured curve anchor. 

This video shows what I’m talking about:

Just in case you were not aware, while the Affinity apps do not currently offer a tool for making these adjustments interactively on the object itself (and I agree this would be a nice addition), you can often get a similar effect by using the "Pressure" popup in the Stroke panel.

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 12:18 PM, fde101 said:

this would be a nice addition

+1 to that

I do hate using that tiny little graph. Accuracy is so awkward to achieve. Even just having a full screen graph view (with transparency, obviously, so you can still see the object stroke) would help massively. Would still just be a workaround, but still an improvement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was about to make the exact same request.

Using the little pressure graph is inaccurate and frustrating.

Although I have move from Adobe Animate to Affinity Designer for good reasons, Animate still has some very interesting features that should probably also be in Affinity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the other hand it is much easier in Designer to reduce the width to none using the pressure curve. Also it is less accurate just because of the size and the lack of a numeric input Field. By adding this, the curve would be much more accurate than the Width Tool in Illustrator (which I use a lot) which, in fact, isn‘t accurate at all (you cannot add a value, e.g. 50%, either).

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...