You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP 1.7.1 Redraw Issue

Hi all,

I'm not sure how to describe this error, but basically the screen redraw isn't happening unless I trigger it by zooming in or out of the document. I thought it was related to my graphics settings, so I cycled through all the performance setting configurations I thought were potentially relevant. I took a screen recording so you could see it in action since I really don't know what's going on. I will attach the recording and some screenshots of my desktop configuration.

Please advise! This just started happening and it's making this composite job impossible because I can't see my changes until zooming.

Thanks!

AP-version.png

Desktop-Info.png

Moneta_Partners_Composite_1.afphoto

That fix was short lived! It's back at it again.

I took another video to show how it's acting as I work, in case seeing it like this will help identify what's going on. I'm lost as to what to do here, I've been working on this document for hours on end with no problems at all, including all the embedded images. The only thing I can think of that is new in the file are the adjustment layers and the pink layers I added in so I could see my keying better.

After my last comment about different layers I decided to try disabling different layers to see if I could get it to stop. Sure enough, the culprit seems to be the High Pass layer. When I disable it, everything is back to normal.

Just to clarify, in the previous video, I was drawing on a mask layer. In this one, I'm simply moving the cursor around and scrolling with the mouse wheel without clicking on anything except to show/hide the high pass layer.

Hope this helps squash this one!

FYI: I'm not experiencing the same problem at this point, not sure how I could re-send the prior version but as of now it doesn't seem to exhibit that behavior for me. It definitely only happened when the high pass layer was enabled. I'm not sure which of my changes since then alleviated the problem, so if you can't reproduce, I can look into how to dig up an old revision in Google Drive or something (if that's possible).