You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Appearance Panel Doesn't Live Up to its Name

Working on a Mac 10.13.6, Dark Mode, Separated Windows, testing out Designer 1.7.2.2 RC1. The Appearance Panel will not appear! No matter how many times I choose it from the View>Studio> menu, the panel will not open.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Hello smadell,
It’s working for me here.
Something to note though, if it was docked into one of the Studio panels, right or left, when it was last dismissed, it will reappear back inside the Studio panel it was last in, even if the UI is in Separated mode.
If it was floating free the last time it was dismissed, then yes it should come back as a floating panel again.
Have a rummage through the Studios, see if it’s hiding in there.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Off the top of my head - if the panel was previously opened on an external monitor that is no longer attached or is powered off, could it be opening on that other monitor, where it is not visible?

Wondering if opening the panels should be animated in some way to make it more obvious where they are showing up - maybe make the panel's tab pulse/glow for a few seconds immediately after it is opened?

The Appearance panel was definitely NOT showing, and would not open. I don't know why.

BUT... I restarted the program and things mysteriously worked as they should. Thanks to all for trying to help. It seems like the simplest advice was all that was needed - turn it off and "reboot" and things often fix themselves!

Thanks again to everyone.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.