You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers lock and won't unlock – STUCK!

beast

Am unable to unlock two frames which somehow locked themselves. Cannot reproduce so far in new document.  Here's how I got there :

Document with text auto flowed through ~dozen pages, based on same master page. Created picture frame and text frame for caption. Placed image in picture frame, selecting no scaling. Grouped the two and set block to wrap text around one side. Image needed an offset to appear centrally aligned, so ungrouped, selected image in Layers and shifted it left a little. I then find both frames locked.  Can unlock image but not its frame. Cannot unlock (tried menu option and lock/unlock icon in Layers panel).

Without being able to unlock the two frames, I cannot even delete 'em and start again.

Very grateful for any suggestions. Apologies if I've missed something. (Have trudged through bug reports.)

MacOS 10.13.6 on MacBook Pro (late 2013)

Programming_Period.afpub

I see what you mean. It is locked (though supposedly unlocked) when I look at it too on my Mac (10.14.5).

It may be some bug because of the way the picture frame is inside of the master page group on that page. I can't answer what is going on, but I was able to work around it: in the layers panel, right click on (Chapter Body) and select "Edit Detached." Then you are able to delete the picture frame. Once you do, click "Finish" in the orange bar at the top of the document area.

Many thanks!

I did not delete it, but simply shifted the image then regrouped text and picture frames and applied text wrap.  All went fine.

However, there is clearly a bug lurking in here, associated with layering and locking.