This beta has been superseded by the release of Affinity Designer for macOS 1.7.2 to the public. Check back on this forum for future betas.
Status: Release candidate
Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download link removed as 1.7.2 is now live
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release candidate build of Affinity Designer 1.7.2 for macOS.
If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.
This beta is an incremental update to the 1.7.1 version recently released to all customers. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.
Changes Since 1.7.1
- Improved usability with Apple’s Sidecar for macOS Catalina and iPadOS 13. (This build is still not notarized, so requires user action to allow it to run)
- Grid gutters reinstated.
- ‘Edit all layers’ can now be used to allow/disable artboard object reparenting during translation drag/object creation.
- Fix for bleed export options.
- Fix for issues with constraints on children of constrained objects which are used as clips.
- Fix for failure to load SVG colour 'none' causing import to stop.
- Fix for pen tablet barrel rotation input turning the wrong way.
- General performance improvements.
- Text performance improvements.
- Added ‘d’ default keystroke to restore objects to black and white colours.
- PDF export improvements.
- Added TGA export.
- Different icon for beta builds.
- Added a warning when deleting a global colour.
- Fixed broken Japanese keyboard input (sorry!).
- Fixed printing CMYK documents on older versions of macOS.
- Fixed crash when reentering export dialog under certain conditions.
- Fixed crashes when pasting screenshots into the app.
- Fixed loss of legacy HSL adjustment HSV state after a save.
- Assorted small fixes and improvements.
- Help improvements.
- Localisation improvements.
- Import 16bit half float JPEG-XR files properly.
- Improved LAB colour conversions.
- Pantone palettes are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed crash when starting app in a folder containing weird characters.