You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 6:39 PM, TimoCreations said:

I'm not sure if this answers the question, but you can use the "Erase" blendmode at the bottom to use any vector shape as cutout to everything beneath it.
If you want to only affect one layer or a group, drag it into a group.

Still no invert vector mask in 2021??

Thank you Timo, this saved me today. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 6:39 PM, TimoCreations said:

I'm not sure if this answers the question, but you can use the "Erase" blendmode at the bottom to use any vector shape as cutout to everything beneath it.

Worked perfectly! Thank you!!

• 4 weeks later...

I would say it's not so much inverting the mask that's needed, you just need to be able to create a mask, draw white shapes/brush on it to reveal, and draw black shapes/brush to hide what's below. Right now, if I select the mask layer and try to draw a shape or brush on it, it just creates a new layer. Ideally, like Illustrator, I want to have just a layer that you can add shapes or brushes to, and the color and opacity determine what is masked and what is shown.

• 1 year later...

On 9/10/2020 at 1:39 PM, TimoCreations said:

TimoCreations erase blend mode worked for me.  I did have to set a transparent fill to black.

• 6 months later...

Adding on to this ancient thread in case someone still is interested to say this is kind of possible using a Compound.  Add the vector you want to use as a mask on top of the vector you want to mask then hold Alt/Option while clicking the Boolean Subtract tool and you'll get a compound shape with the vector masked out.   Since it's a Compound the operation is non-destructive (like a filter) and it works with multiple shapes as shown in this video. I don't know how the YouTubers show keys presses on their screen, but I'm holding Option down when clicking the Boolean Subtract button.  (Alt on Windows).  This is on V2.1, but I don't know if that matters