You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

another bug with the lighting filter layer

srg

First screen shot: set the frame to crop,

Second screen shot: clicked apply to crop.Lighting filters disappear.

BTW I would love to hear about my previous post on the PDS and lighting problems when resizing the image. Long time no words.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 5.36.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 5.36.50 PM.png

52 minutes ago, srg said:

First screen shot: set the frame to crop,

Second screen shot: clicked apply to crop.Lighting filters disappear.

Tried several times to get the Lighting filter to disappear and couldn't. Perhaps a screen shot of your layers panel would help.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Tried several times to get the Lighting filter to disappear and couldn't. Perhaps a screen shot of your layers panel would help.

1348036120_ScreenShot2019-07-30at6_41_07PM.thumb.png.e872356ebeb64903cebf50931ebf2347.png

tried just before taking the shot and the light disappears

I tried again and the only difference between your layers and mine are the lack of the name Background on the bottommost pixel layer plus (of course) the various opacity and blend settings you have chosen to apply to the layers above. To reiterate, I have the lighting filter applied before and after cropping.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi srg,
I've tried to replicate the issue here without success in both the Retail and latest Customer Beta (1.7.2.149) with the two files you provided - A000632.afphoto and A001316-1326.afphoto (I've removed your name for privacy reasons) and several crop options. Affinity kept the Lighting filter and its relative position after the crop is all cases. It's possible I'm missing some step/something that triggers the behaviour for you. Do you mind recording a full screen clip/video showing you performing the crop with the layers panel visible so we can see what are you doing? Please also add you Mac specs in case we need to try to reproduce this on a similar config/machine. Thank you.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi srg,
I've tried to replicate the issue here without success in both the Retail and latest Customer Beta (1.7.2.149) with the two files you provided - A000632.afphoto and A001316-1326.afphoto (I've removed your name for privacy reasons) and several crop options. Affinity kept the Lighting filter and its relative position after the crop is all cases. It's possible I'm missing some step/something that triggers the behaviour for you. Do you mind recording a full screen clip/video showing you performing the crop with the layers panel visible so we can see what are you doing? Please also add you Mac specs in case we need to try to reproduce this on a similar config/machine. Thank you.

Thank you for your feed back. I have modified the file after uploading it and now I cannot reproduce the problem. May be the 1.7.2.149 solved the problem?

• Staff
2 hours ago, srg said:

Thank you for your feed back. I have modified the file after uploading it and now I cannot reproduce the problem. May be the 1.7.2.149 solved the problem?

I've tried your files in the current retail version too and it does work fine there as well, so I don't believe the Beta have changed anything here. It's possible there's something in your workflow that triggers the issue - some specific sequence of steps or some setting - that's what I'm trying to find out. I will check the other thread/files. It's possible these issues are related in some way.