You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparency tool not working on raster layers

The Transparency Tool does not work on Pixel Layers, only Vector Layers, Image Layers and Text Layers.

Ignoring the test document shown, what exactly do you want to do, there may be a workaround?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Just now, carl123 said:

The Transparency Tool does not work on Pixel Layers, only Vector Layers, Image Layers and Text Layers.

Ignoring the test document shown, what exactly do you want to do, there may be a workaround?

That's weird, why would it not work on image layers and not pixel layers? I thought it was a bug.

I needed to erase something and I wanted to do it in a nondestructive way and Transparency seemed to be the easiest way. 

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

1 minute ago, mvlad said:

I needed to erase something and I wanted to do it in a nondestructive way and Transparency seemed to be the easiest way. 

If you add a Mask to the pixel layer you can erase non-destructively on the mask

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 9:55 PM, GRAFKOM said:

This is stupid, but just group the raster (yes, only this one object) and the transparency tool will work.

tested and working :)

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.