You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just a minor suggestion about the CTRL 1 and CTRL 0 keys to display the image at 100% or 'fit on screen'.

From a logical viewpoint I can see that CTRL 1 makes sense for 100% and I guess that CTRL 0 in this context makes sense for 'fit on screen'.

However from a practical point of view toggling between these 2 displays is something that tends to be done quite a lot during the processing phase of the workflow. The ability to simply use one hand to CTRL 1 to show the image at 100% works very well. However when I want to go back to 'fit on screen' I have to either use 2 hands to use CTRL 0 or use my left hand to do this, which is much more difficult (I have tried it and it's very awkward). If the CTRL 0 was replaced with CTRL 2 (for example) this would mean that it would be very easy to toggle between 100% and 'fit on screen' with one hand. This would simplify the processing and make it more efficient.

57 minutes ago, BC15 said:

However when I want to go back to 'fit on screen' I have to either use 2 hands to use CTRL 0 or use my left hand to do this, which is much more difficult (I have tried it and it's very awkward).

I would use my right hand to do Ctrl+0, using the right Ctrl key. And yes, it is quite awkward to do a one-handed Ctrl+0 using the left hand :)

You can change the shortcuts to the ones you'd like. They're in Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts, under the View menu.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1