You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

User Variables in Export Path Is Unusable

Trying to define a user variable for the export path is beyond broken.   Creating the first variable only allows you to enter 1 character for the name and 1 character for the value.  Creating a second variable allows you to enter 2 characters for the name, 1 character for the value..etc.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsyriBhvq6s

I spotted this the other day and meant to report it but forgot... I can only add 1 character for both name and value regardless of how many variables I add and once entered I'm unable to edit the variable name for any of the entries. Even selecting the text entry boxes appears to be easier said than done.

@R2robot - your YouTube link is taking me to the Disney Store :4_joy:

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

1 hour ago, Hangman said:

@R2robot - your YouTube link is taking me to the Disney Store :4_joy:

Weird. It worked for me last night. But yes, now it's a link to the Disney store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

What is even more strange is that initially double-clicking the variables text entry box to allow text entry doesn't work, you actually need to single click once to select it then single click a second time to make it editable. I think it would make more sense if a simple single click made the text entry box editable.

Also if you enter the same character each time, 'f' in your video then you're right, you can enter, one, then two, then three characters and so on in each successive variable name box but if you enter a different character each time, e.g. a, b, c and so on it only allows a single character to be entered each time.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344

Hi Gabriel,

Out of interest, is there an official published bug list we can refer to that we can check against in the event we find possible bugs so we don't end up reporting something the dev team are already aware of and working on?