You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hiding the Blue Outline on Selected Objects?

In Affinity Designer, is there a way to hide the blue outline surrounding the vectors on selected objects - similarly to how Adobe Illustrator hides the blue lines going forward by pressing "CTRL + H"?

I often compare adjustments to a design by doing undos/redos and the blue vector outline changes what the design looks like. 

Thanks for any help!

image.png.06e369da73ee3ba5676af0468aeff1ba.png

image.png.c73a3ef487e9e18e2b0c21a7d438d254.png

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forms, Aerogel.

You might try pressing the space bar and see if that helps.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for your quick response, @walt.farrell!

The spacebar helps in some scenarios. 

I also found turning on "Hide Selection While Dragging" (screenshot below) to be helpful. 
image.png.1eb3108fc7603579428fd1335b32e782.png

As of right now, It seems that Affinity Designer currently doesn't have the functionality to turn off the vector selection at all times. 

Again, thank you Walt.

Thanks for your quick response, @walt.farrell!

The spacebar helps in some scenarios. 

I also found turning on "Hide Selection While Dragging" (screenshot below) to be helpful. 
image.png.1eb3108fc7603579428fd1335b32e782.png

As of right now, It seems that Affinity Designer currently doesn't have the functionality to turn off the vector selection at all times. 

Again, thank you Walt.

Update:

Further working with Designer, I discovered that the blue outline goes away when you select a tool that doesn't use the outline. A tool like zoom (Z) or hand/view (H). 

If doing an undo/redo comparison and you would like to not have the blue lines displaying, you can select the zoom (Z) or hand/view (H) tool before toggling through the undo/redo comparisons. 

Edited by Aerogel
accuracy and spelling updates.

The space bar gives you the View (Hand) tool temporarily.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I need to hide this selector when adjusting colors, it is especially critical when working on an object with a border - the border is partially hidden behind this blue selector and makes subtle color adjustments nearly impossible - any idea how to go about it?

Best regards,

iumbra

34 minutes ago, iumbra said:

I need to hide this selector when adjusting colors, it is especially critical when working on an object with a border - the border is partially hidden behind this blue selector and makes subtle color adjustments nearly impossible - any idea how to go about it?

Press the Space Bar (as suggested above).

-- Walt
PC: