You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF exporting problem

After upgrading to Mac OS 10.14.6, I have problems exporting to PDF format.  I created a file in Affinity Publisher of a single page containing some tables with texts and a text box with 3 lines of text.  if I try to export in PDF format, a generic error window appears that simply tells me that some error has occurred that does not generate the PDF.  I did some tests creating a new file and copied every single element of the previous file and for each pasted element I exported to PDF.  in the end I noticed that the problem is in the text box: if I create the text box and export without writing anything or writing a single and unique letter of the alphabet, the file is exported to PDF, if instead I add a second letter of the alphabet , the system gives the error described above.

It possibly is "just" related to a particular font you used.

Can you export successfully if you either/or before export ...

... reset the text frame to Defaults or choose Arial as font?
... convert text to curves?

If it then still occurs could you upload your file?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

I used the "LATO" font for the entire document. The document has 14 tables, 5 free texts and a text box, all formatted with the "LATO" font. As described above, if I delete what is written in the text box, I can export everything, even the font used is the one described. If I add text to the text box, the error appears. This problem, along with the one I reported in this post 

appeared after the MAC OS update. I hypothesize that the compatibility between Affinity products and the iMac has decreased, so I reported the bug, to allow Affinity to solve the compatibility problem with a rapid update

I confirm that the problem derives from the update of MAC OS. I downgraded to the PC, I completely recreated the file (if I used the one done after the update, the problem continued to persist) and now everything is back to work. Therefore, before updating the Operating System, the Affinity programs must be updated

Thank you for your feedback!

[ By the way, "before updating the Operating System, ": Last week there was one 'buggy' Security update which got withdrawn by Apple and replaced some days later.
https://eclecticlight.co/2019/07/24/dont-apply-high-sierra-security-update-2019-004-apple-has-pulled-it/

In the recent months there were quite a few reports on mac related sites about issues with various updates. Often with Mojave but not only since 10.14.
You might avoid troubles by deselecting Auto-Updates in System Preferences and wait some days or weeks and try to read about issues before installing an OS update. ]

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

3 hours ago, thomaso said:

Last week there was one 'buggy' Security update which got withdrawn by Apple and replaced some days later.

Thanks, I check manually and still managed to get the 'bad' one.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.