You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Captain Noise Comic - Autism awareness

Dazmondo77

Just finished this Publisher comic which is about a couple of high functioning autistic kids, who along with superhero "Captain Noise" save the day battling against super villain "Elf Loathing" which is all in aid of raising awareness of Autistic Spectrum Disorder - so essentially it's about kids like me, although I wasn't diagnosed until I was 47. Capitan Noise was a character I came up with around 6 years ago who was designed as a kind of mascot for the NLC Rockin for the children festival, based at the Maze in Nottingham which I used to design all the march and advertising materials, for free of course, (never had a head for money or business) I only did the illustration and layout on this, the story was written by Andrew Hawnt but I was really pleased with the end result thanks to Publisher and StudioLink which made most of it a total breeze, although maybe 70% of the panel artwork was done in Clip Studio Paint as single pages then all put together in Publisher.

The only problem I've come across is an overflowing text alert which gives no indication of where the overflow is - so I've rolled over all the text throughout the document twice, but can't seen to track down the offending text frame, so would be grateful if someone could advise if I'm missing something 

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 16.50.43.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 16.51.53.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 16.52.57.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 16.53.06.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 16.53.21.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 16.55.26.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 16.57.50.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 16.59.28.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 17.01.18.png

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

13 minutes ago, Fred Lespine said:

Great job ! Both the theme and the design. :)

Cheer's Fred

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Wow. That’s really nice work. Artwork, layout, the lot. All great.
As for the overflowing text, I don’t think there’s currently a way to find out where the problem is without clicking on every text frame and seeing if the “eye icon” is red. I had a very quick look at the text and there doesn’t seem to be anything obviously missing but I don’t know what’s supposed to be there. If you’re lucky it could just be an errant tab at the end of a paragraph or something unimportant.
Publisher needs a few more pre-flight verification tools and a better text overflow notification/indication tool is one of them. I’m sure this was requested very early in the customer beta trials. Maybe the next version will have something better.

19 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

The only problem I've come across is an overflowing text alert which gives no indication of where the overflow is

Switch on

View > Set Text Flow

then

View > Zoom > Zoom to Document

Any page with overflowing text will show up with (at least) 2 red dots on the page

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

51 minutes ago, carl123 said:

View > Set Text Flow

Thanks Carl123, although I read another post reply yesterday by Walt Farrell which advised the same, which did the job and showed the offending red dots on a speech bubble

Lesson learned

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Thank's BnBGobo99

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk