You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

photo across centre spread of booklet not respected in single page mode

Recipe:

Created 4 page booklet, and ticked facing pages in set up. Placed a photo right across the centre spread (pp2-3). Back to Document setup, and unticked 'facing pages' because my print partner wanted a single pages PDF export.

What I expected to see:

My photo divided, half on pp2 and half on pp3.

What actually happened:

pp2 was blank, but pp3 had the correct half photo on it.

QUESTION Should this have worked as I expected, or was my request "illegal" please?

Thanks.  - Mike -

• Staff

Hi Mike Brett and Welcome to the Forums,

I personally wouldn't of expected this to work but that's because i'm used to using PagePlus and the same would happen when you switch to a single page layout.  A really easy way around this, re-enable Facing Pages and then when you go to File>Export change the Area to 'All Pages' instead of All Spreads and you'll get a single page layout PDF with image split correctly across the two page :)