You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unpleasant endings of strokes

23 hours ago, Gunny said:

I noticed it is a slightly different issue but I wanted to see and compare what had changed since my last post on this topic.

I started with Serif DrawPlus in 2008.  The issues you're showing in this thread are at least as old as DrawPlus X3, but I guess these problems are much older since there were at least 7 or 8 versions before X3.

2 hours ago, Kuttyjoe said:

I started with Serif DrawPlus in 2008.  The issues you're showing in this thread are at least as old as DrawPlus X3, but I guess these problems are much older since there were at least 7 or 8 versions before X3.

That's quite sad reading... 🙁

• 2 years later...

It is August 2022 and I am using the latest version of Affinity Designer. The above issue thoroughly described by Gunny still exists. Even using the basic pen profile in vector brushes I am not able to achieve a rounded cap at the end of a stroke using a pressure driven pen. The result is either flat like a butt cap or flat with a tiny rounded protrusion, exactly like Gunny's screen shot. The fact this rather ugly implementation has been around since at least 2019 is not encouraging. Like many others I am transitioning from Adobe products to Affinity.

5 hours ago, blueTsuki said:

The fact this rather ugly implementation has been around since at least 2019 is not encouraging.

You are very polite. 😏

Designer can handle many things but this is not one of them. I wanted Designer to make my mediocre inking smoother but Designer is (still) almost unusable for this task. You can get the result you want but it is definitely not fast nor convenient. 😕