You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Point Transform Tool - duplicate + mirror

3 hours ago, PixelPest said:

Don´t seems you´re using the "Point Transform Tool" (F).

Ok, you are correct wasn't using it.

Another thing: I've noticed that If I try to use the Tool with a complex design (result of boolean addition of many shapes) it won't work. It will just drag the copy and not make a transformation happen.

Am I doing anything wrong?

8 hours ago, PixelPest said:

Steps are...

At least for me, this only works if there is a node on the curve at one of its corners & with the Point Transform Tool I drag on one of those nodes. So for example, it would work with the lower shape below but not the upper one:

1373351219_dupmirror.jpg.3444d6ade1e203830dd68830bfed0f09.jpg mirror or not.afdesign

Am I missing something?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, PixelPest said:

In this case the Move Tool will do:

Yes, it will, but my point is the Point Transform Tool will not. It would be nice if we had a simple Duplicate & Mirror tool mode of some sort that worked on all shapes.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

15 hours ago, R C-R said:

Yes, it will, but my point is the Point Transform Tool will not. It would be nice if we had a simple Duplicate & Mirror tool mode of some sort that worked on all shapes.

Exactly, we shouldn't have to duplicate, then go into a special point mode, then have to move the mouse back and forth 10 times to make sure it's -100% scale, then flip it.

That's even when it does work, because as others have said it often does not.

4 hours ago, PixelPest said:

It will:

I could not get it to snap to 100% size, regardless of which node I used. Am I missing something, or is it just a matter of very carefully setting it to 100% manually?

Either way, it is still a multi-step operation so it would be nice if there was a one-step duplicate & mirror tool mode of some kind built into the app.

Affinity Photo 

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I could not get it to snap to 100% size, regardless of which node I used. Am I missing something, or is it just a matter of very carefully setting it to 100% manually?

Either way, it is still a multi-step operation so it would be nice if there was a one-step duplicate & mirror tool mode of some kind built into the app.

It's more than just a nice to have really. Graphics apps have had this basic functionality for over 3 decades.

• Staff
33 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

Can´t upload image due server error: Error-code: -200

We're aware of some issues currently with posting replies on the Forums and I wouldn't be surprised if image uploading is also affected - please bear with us whilst we work to resolve these issues :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

We're aware of some issues currently with posting replies on the Forums...

I have also noticed that topics seem to be taking more time to load than usual. Maybe related?

Affinity Photo 

• Staff

Absolutely, at first it was only a slow response time issue we were investigating, however this became a cloudfront 403 Error whenever trying to post replies - we've since resolved the error stopping anyone from posting (obviously :D) but we're still working to resolve the slow loading speeds currently

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)