You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Crashes

Hello everyone :)

Somehow when I start windows affinity works completely for me... but as soon as I use my internet browser it crashes...
Also if I close the browser affinity crashes also... after a reboor it usually works again.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me but I'm trying to follow tutorials on youtube.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

• Staff

Hi Marco Dude :)

Sorry to hear this, it certainly isn't an issue I've come across before.

Could you please confirm for me:

1. What version of Windows are you running?
  2. What browser are you using?
  3. Do you have any third party security software that monitors internet activity or blocks web traffic from external apps?

I'm going to need a copy of your crash logs to investigate this further. Please navigate to the below location from the Run Dialog. In this folder you will find Crash Reports generated by our apps. Please send us the .dmp file with the latest Created/Modified Date.

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

Thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hey dan C :)

Thank you for your reply.
Your right it is an very strange problem, to be hounest I tested the problem a few times just because I couldn't belief a browser could cause this problem.

- I am using windows 10.
- The browser is google chrome.
- I am using comodo firewall.

Should I dm the file to you or add it to the post?
Thank you for your reply and helping me with this.

Thanks in advanced,
Marco :) 

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that Marco :)

If you temporarily disable Comodo Firewall across all applications, then try your workflow that crashes the app currently - does this still happen?

Your crash logs can be attached directly to your response here, no other user will be able to read it as they don't have the required symbols to convert the crash data - many thanks!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Hey Dan :)

I disabled the firewall completely and the crash still happends, I don't know if this helps but the crash happens just seccond before loading the welcome screen. 

I included a rar file in the post... In it there are 3 files...

Thank you :)

Edit: I do seem to be able to open images directly by opening them from the windows inteface.

(open with) -> (affinity Photo)

reports.rar

• Staff

Many thanks for your crash reports. The CallStack does reference ‘no binary loaded for guard64.dll’. Guard64.dll looks to be a DLL file from COMODO Internet Security so it appears as though that could be causing it. Please make sure you fully disable and close COMODO and see if that is any better. 

What version of COMODO are you running please? We'd like to try and replicate this here, to see if we can improve the 2 apps compatibility together. :) 

Hey Dan :)

I owe you an appoligy...I opend affinity after a reboot really fast before all programms could be loaded... this is why I tought it was my browser.
I closed all apps ( programms ) one by one and looked if affintiy worked..

it turned out to be the programm "actual multiple monitors" this is a programm I needed to install for my drawing tablet ( parblo ).

I am going to uninstall it because my tablet runs fine without this programm... but I will wait with this if you need me to do tests or some trouble shouting or something.

I am really sorry if I wasted your time with this problem :( 

Thank you and sorry,

Marco

• Staff

Not to worry Marco, I'm glad to hear you have resolved the issue!

Before uninstalling could you please open the app, go to Tools in the left hand options, then Backup. Once you've finished backing up, please attach the .zip folder here, so I can try replicating the issue here and hopefully log it with our developers to see if there's anything we can do to improve the compatibility between apps.

I've installed this app and I'm not seeing the same crashing using the default settings, so it may be a specific setting in your AMM config.

Hey Dan :) Thank you for understanding. :)

I havn't changed the settings of the app, but I am glad I can help with this. :)
My installation of this app is in dutch, I do not know if this affects the backup ( please let me know if I need to change the language and make another backup.

Thank you so much for all your help I really appreciate it. :)

Cheers,
Marco

backup_amm.zip

• Staff
55 minutes ago, Marco Dude said:

My installation of this app is in dutch, I do not know if this affects the backup ( please let me know if I need to change the language and make another backup.

That's no problem at all, many thanks!

• Staff

I've been able to replicate this bug here using your config settings, so I'll log this all with our developers to be investigated further :)