You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing Publisher files with Designer on iPad Pro - Placed Images Question

Hi there. 

I have been using the Affinity Designer App on my iPad Pro to edit a Publisher file and have run into something I can’t find an answer to. I have been using a file that is set to use placed images from the cloud. When I place a file in the Publisher file from Designer on the iPad, the placed images (png) will appear crisp and high res in their preview. However, once I close out of the file and then reload it, the placed images preview in Designer on the iPad as low res. So I can’t edit the files easily any longer. Is there a setting in Designer that allows me to select the placed images and change the preview back to a high res so I can edit the files easily? I know embedding the files is an option, but would want to not do that since the files slow down the performance when transitioning between pages.

Thanks for the help!

• Staff

Hi Ledsketcher,

Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for your report, I've been able to replicate this here as it only seems to affect Publisher files being edited in Designer - regardless of whether the image was placed from the Camera Roll or from the cloud.

I'll get this logged with our developers now and we hope to have it fixed asap!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!