surge

PNG transparency black when printing compressed PDF

I have created an extensive document with many PNGs with transparency. I want to provide and compress them as PDF eBook. However, with normal printing of the compressed PDFs, the images are printed with a black background.

This does not happen when printing uncompressed PDFs.

Here the printout and the file:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-28 um 17.23.08.png

IMG_1456.jpeg

What do you mean with "PDF eBook" and with "uncompressed PDF"?

Can you upload your .afpub with 1 page with text & PNG example? And/or both of your PDFs?

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

Can you send a screenshot of the more settings in the PDF export please

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

I assume the issue of black printed transparency is related to limited postscript capabilities of your printer.
I can't find the reason in your files for the issue. Also your PDF prints without this issue for me.

In your screenshot of export setting the relevant details of the "More" section are not shown, all I can see is that the PDF got rasterized at least partially though the PDF appears to be a 1.7 version. Again, what do you mean with "PDF eBook" and "uncompressed PDF"?

If you want to get a printable PDF then I recommend to change some color settings before export (though they not necessarily influence the problem):
– Switch the Document color space from sRGB to CMYK  (... and export with an unchanged default preset, or as CMYK with CMYK profile)
– Switch the text color of RGB black to K only

There is a strange occurrence in the blue headline on the master page: In your PDF I do see a white stroke around it with a thin grey border. I also see this in your .afpub when zooming.
Such a thin grey boarder also gets visible around the illustration when zooming, and gets exported, too.

Here comes the pdf export properties (German).

eBook is for me a possibility to create my book as a PDF to deliver it digitally and people can print some pages out if they want. 

Uncompressed is if I leave the picture resolution on 300dpi. 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-29 um 21.58.05.png

I've not been able to recreate the issue either - Have you got the latest drivers for your printer. Can you let us know the make and model please

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

On 7/28/2019 at 5:27 PM, surge said:

printed with a black background. 

This does not happen when printing uncompressed PDFs. 

19 hours ago, surge said:

Uncompressed is if I leave the picture resolution on 300dpi. 

It his hard to understand for me because you use words in a different than the common meaning.

Do I understand you correct, that you experience:
– transparency prints black if you set the export resolution to 192 dpi
– but it prints transparent with export resolution of 300 dpi

Falls das Problem weiterhin besteht: Wenn es für dich leichter und evtl. weniger missverständlich ist, dann antworte auf Deutsch statt Englisch.

That is exactly what happens. Black at 192 and transparent at 300dpi. 

Update of the printer driver is not possible, because the Mac installs and updates it automatically. But I will try it on an other printer.