You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reset Selection Box

So there seems to be a way to do this temporarily in the context menu of a rotated object, but whenever you deselect and reselect it, it always defaults to the ORIGINAL selection box - so if you want the new selection box you have to literally keep cycling that option every time you select the object. In Illustrator there is only a permanent "reset" option...I mean if you're wanting to reset the bounding box I'm sure most people want it to be a permanent change in the selection box. 

I think there should be a preference or something to make all reset bounding box selections stick permanently to that object as it does in Illustrator - where it's just permanent by default. I mean the entire reason you reset bounding box after rotating an object is because you don't want the original bounding box that doesn't really match the object anymore.

• 4 months later...

I made a case for this in the Beta forum and I'm not sure if it will get implemented on this release (1.8). Hopefully in 1.9 or 2.0 so keep pushing for it, because we all think it's a necessary change, but the developers might beg to differ.

Here is the archived thread: