Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have created an A5 booklet in Affinity Publisher (retail edition, running on Mojave 10.4.4. I want to export the booklet so that when it is uploaded to Issuu, it can be read as single pages and spreads. Everything that I have tried to date creates in Issuu, weird, four page, double spreads. Is there anything that I can do to stop this happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it that you export your publication to PDF. In the export setting, (File/Export/Export Settings) select "All Pages" in the Area box (and not "All Spreads"). Issuu will present it in booklet form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could this please be made clearer in Affinity Publisher's "help" or even on the PDF dialogues?

My commercial printing service wanted the PDF to contain "separate pages" rather than "spreads." As someone who is new to commercial printing, it was not obvious how to translate the language of the printer's requirements into language used by Affinity.

To clarify:

  • Affinity's "All Spreads" PDF exports eg. facing pages of a booklet as double-page spreads; but as viewed... ie. not arranged for printing.
  • Affinity's "All Pages" PDF exports eg. facing pages of a booklet as a series of single pages, in consecutive order.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Richard S said:

Could this please be made clearer in Affinity Publisher's "help" or even on the PDF dialogues?

If they were changed to "All as Spreads" & "All as Pages" would that help? The labels have to be short enough to fit in the dialog window & that should be short enough, give or take what the equivalent in the other supported languages would require.


Affinity Photo 1.8.4, Affinity Designer 1.8.4, Affinity Publisher 1.8.4;  2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 40GB RAM; macOS 10.15.6
Affinity Photo 
1.8.4.186 & Affinity Designer 1.8.4.4 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richard S said:

As someone who is new to commercial printing, it was not obvious how to translate the language of the printer's requirements into language used by Affinity.

I can strongly relate to that, though my initial experience was with PagePlus.  I ended up asking for a short checklist of things the printer needed, and then working out how to meet them.  It turned out to be a very simple exercise, but a useful one!


AP user, running Win10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R C-R said:

If they were changed to "All as Spreads" & "All as Pages" would that help? The labels have to be short enough to fit in the dialog window & that should be short enough, give or take what the equivalent in the other supported languages would require.

Thanks. See my feature suggestion thread: 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/94579-how-to-publish-pdf-as-separate-pages-improve-help/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, IanSG said:

I can strongly relate to that, though my initial experience was with PagePlus.  I ended up asking for a short checklist of things the printer needed, and then working out how to meet them.  It turned out to be a very simple exercise, but a useful one!

The commercial printer I'm using, has heard about Affinity Publisher and assumes it is comparable to the Adobe program. :-) 
But does not yet have direct experience. I was surprised that they actually prefer a newer colour profile for their paper: FOGRA52 instead of FOGRA39.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.