You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paste Behind or Paste to Bottom

Hello,

One of my layering technique is cutting and pasting as demonstrated in the video: cut selected shapes > select another shape you wanted it above to > paste in front of it. All is fine and dandy until i have to “send to back” a shape... like paste it at as the very bottom layer.

Do we have something similar to “paste behind”? or “paste to bottom”? I really don’t like opening the layer studio, then selecting the shapes, and then draging the shapes to the bottom or behind a specific layer.

PS, in the video, I could have just selected the white body and then “paste behind” it... but instead, i selected the belt (which is behind the body) then pasted in front of it.

Someone pointed out to me that there's an "ORDER" panel under the transform studio! 

No photo description available.

"Send to back" would be really useful to me. However, I am still hopeful that cut & paste method can be adopted into the workflow as quick layer management technique, instead of dragging/reordering a layer until it's behind a specific layer...

35 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi maco,

There is no way to make the app insert every object behind I'm afraid I will move this thread to the feature requests section.

Thanks

C

Alright, thank you. Also, yes, please do consider "paste behind" as a feature. This will significantly make my workflow much much faster.

• 9 months later...

+1 I'd like this feature too!

Like cmd+v paste in front it would be great to have a feature "paste behind" (like in Ai).

In Designer, we have "insert behind the selection" but there is no shortcut...

Thanks!

edit: I just see that this is the iPad forum, I'd like it for desktop, sorry...

Edited by Loopkin

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 7:21 AM, maco said:

Hello,

One of my layering technique is cutting and pasting as demonstrated in the video: cut selected shapes > select another shape you wanted it above to > paste in front of it. All is fine and dandy until i have to “send to back” a shape... like paste it at as the very bottom layer.

Do we have something similar to “paste behind”? or “paste to bottom”? I really don’t like opening the layer studio, then selecting the shapes, and then draging the shapes to the bottom or behind a specific layer.

PS, in the video, I could have just selected the white body and then “paste behind” it... but instead, i selected the belt (which is behind the body) then pasted in front of it.

Coming from Adobe, I’d really appreciate this subtle feature too