You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clone stamp brush creates a blur effect. how do I disable it?

I’m working on a pixel art piece. The image size is 256x190 pixels. 

When I use the clone stamp tool, the cloned image does not create an exact sharp copy of the original image, but blurs the image. Compare the original left image to the blurred copy  on the right. 

I noticed when I put this same pixelated image in a higher resolution that the clone stamp tool always creates a slight blur. On the second image, with a much higher pixel count (something like 1000 x 700) each additional clone slightly blurs the one before it. It’s not noticeable on this screenshot, but it is in the original document.

It must have to do with a property of the clone brush itself. I’m using a basic round brush with 100% hardness. What is causing this blur and how can I eliminate it? 

80941B27-D2B0-4D53-9992-32CB1FC9C425.png

D1BFF6EB-B000-44A1-96AD-F91701E758F8.png

Edited by magnitude

• Staff

Hi magnitude,

Welcome to the forums :)

If you go into the snapping menu and enable Force Pixel Alignment does this issue still occur?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hey Callum, while I can't answer for the original poster I was experiencing the same thing and your solution fixed the problem on my end. Additionally, it also solved one of my other problems, which is the added blur when rotating 90° left/right (it still feels wrong, but at least I can now work with it).